Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between rock climbing & rappelling?
Rappelling is a descent from a height, such as a cliff, in which one lowers oneself by means of an anchored rope and applies friction to control one's speed, by means of a specialized device. Rock climbing is a sport that involves climbing natural rock formations with an anchored rope
is sga certified?
Matthew and Lindsey hold certifications in Wilderness First Responder, American Mountain Guide Association: Single Pitch Instructor, and past certifications in Water Safety. Owners provide mandatory trainings throughout the guiding season that include: wilderness first aid, rock climbing and rappelling safety, weather related emergencies, emergency response, weather and water/canoe safety.
What do i need to bring on my adventure?
What we recommend:
- Breathable rain gear top & bottom (if you are rappelling at Rose Falls, you will be getting wet and you never know when it may rain)
- Wicking (synthetic, wool or silk) long sleeve and/or short sleeve shirt (Remember: long sleeves can help protect from sun and bugs)
- Long pants
- Thin socks (if you are rock climbing)
- A pair of durable sandals you do not mind getting wet (Keen or Chaco style)
- Warm change of clothing (Think: “If I got soaked and wanted something to put on right away, what would I bring?” The minimum to bring is an insulation/fleece jacket.)
- We recommend comfortable, loose-fitting clothing for rappelling and rock climbing. Please be aware that rock surfaces can tear even the most durable of clothes.
- Dry bag for camera and clothes
- Sunglasses & strap
- Natural Insect repellent and/or head net
- Filled Water bottles and/or hydration pack
- Snacks and a lunch
- If needed: medications; eyeglasses and/or contact lenses and spare
- Optional: camera in a waterproof, protective case
What Equipment does SGA provide?
- Canoes and paddles
- Life jackets
- Climbing harnesses
- All climbing equipment
- If you are rock climbing, we have a variety of sizes of adult climbing shoes.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own lunch, snacks and water. SGA can provide a lunch with advanced notice for an extra $9.00 charge. Please inform us at least 48-hours in advance if you will need a lunch provided for you.
- Transportation if needed. We have a transport vehicle that can transport up to 8 people, including your guide.
Where do we meet for our adventure?
We will discuss where to meet you for your unique adventure or we can pick you! Let us know if you would like us to transport you and/or your group.
What is SGA's cancellation policy?
All tours and instruction are weather dependent. If a tour needs to be cancelled due to the weather, you will receive a full refund. If you must cancel a reservation, please give us a 48-hour notice for a full refund on you deposit, minus a $15 processing fee. Deposits are non-refundable for less than 48-hour notice.
What is SGA's payment policy?
A $50 deposit is due at time of reservation. Full payment of your trip is due before or at the time of check-in.